Advanced dressings and therapies. Highly skilled specialists. We’ll help you get your life back.
Innovative Treatment for Chronic Wounds
Every year, chronic wounds and other conditions keep millions of Americans from enjoying their best quality of life. The Elkhart General Hospital Center for Wound Healing applies proven wound care practices and advanced clinical approaches, including wound care products, dressings, antibiotics, and hyperbaric oxygen therapy, to help heal patients who suffer from chronic wounds.
Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy
Hyperbaric Oxygen (HBO) therapy is a medical treatment that enhances the body’s natural healing and strengthens the immune system. Delivered by trained specialists, HBO therapy is an effective treatment option for most chronic wounds. Our state-of-the-art hyperbaric chambers are built with your comfort in mind.
We specialize in treating conditions and even internal injuries where no open wound exists such as:
- Diabetic wounds that are slow-to-heal or not healing
- Any foot or leg ulcers or sores
- Surgical wounds that have opened (or “dehisced”)
- Skin grafts or surgical flaps that are not healing post-surgery
- Skin tears or open sores caused by radiation
- Bone infection (called osteomyelitis)
- Crush injuries from an accident
- Radiation cystitis or proctitis
- Reconstruction of jaw or bone (related to mandibular osteoradionecrosis)
For more information
Call the Center for Wound Healing at 574-524-7400. The Center for Wound Healing is located at 500 Arcade Avenue, Suite 310 in Elkhart, Indiana. Parking is available in the RiverPointe Parking Lot.