Media Relations Policy
To effectively facilitate the requests of media reporting on news and events at Elkhart General Hospital, the Marketing and Community Relations Department has established the following guidelines for reporters requesting information or interviews:
- Media must arrange all interviews and photo shoots with Elkhart General staff or patients in advance through the Marketing and Community Relations Department.
- To ensure confidentiality, privacy, and appropriate sensitivity to patients and families, reporters, film crews, and photographers must always be accompanied by a Marketing and Community Relations Department staff person while on the Elkhart General campus.
- Media will be met by a Marketing and Community Relations Department staff in the main lobby and escorted to the appropriate location in the Hospital.
- No patient information other than a one-word condition description is made available to the media. No information will be released on patients who are not identified by name by the media.
- Patients who agree to be interviewed or filmed at the Hospital must sign a release form that is placed into the patient's file. Forms are available from the Marketing and Community Relations Department.