Elkhart General Ranked #1 in Indiana for Cardiac Surgery
Elkhart General Hospital recently received numerous awards from HealthGrades, the nation's most trusted, independent source of physician information and hospital quality ratings. Each year, Healthgrades objectively grades the performance of all 5,000 short term acute care facilities across the country and make these performance ratings free to consumers on healthgrades.com.
Elkhart General Hospital was awarded multiple awards for Cardiac and Joint Replacement Surgery, including:
- One of America's Best Hospitals for Cardiac Surgery
- Ranked #1 in Indiana for Cardiac Surgery in 2012
- Recipient of the HealthGrades Cardiac Surgery Excellence Award in 2012
- Ranked Among the Top 5% in the Nation for Cardiac Surgery for 2012 (only hospital in Indiana)
- Recipient of the HealthGrades Joint Replacement Excellence Award for 4 Years in a Row (2009-2012)
HealthGrades found that patients had a 63% lower chance of experiencing a major Inhospital complication at Elkhart General Hospital and other 5-Star rated hospitals compared with the 1-Star rated hospitals. What this equates to is over 164,000 Medicare inhospital complications could have been avoided if patients had chosen to receive their care at 5-Star rated facility such as Elkhart General.