Tuesday, September 24, 2013
Elkhart General Center for Cancer Services Hosts Open House
Elkhart, Ind. – Elkhart General Center for Cancer Services is hosting an open house, Hope for a Cure: An Evening of Fun, Fashion, and Inspiration to Raise Cancer Awareness, from 5 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. on Wednesday, October 9, 2013, in the Hospital West Wing.
There is something for everyone at the Hope for a Cure open house. Shop local retailers, and join the Elkhart General Center for Cancer Services as they provide information and education on the latest cancer prevention strategies.
- Fashion Show featuring Jules Boutique
- $10 Pink Hair Extensions provided by The Beauty Shoppe. Proceeds going to the Elkhart General Foundation Oncology Patient Assistance Fund (OPAF)
- Shop local retailers. Portion of proceeds go toward the OPAF
- Interact with those involved in cancer treatment by experiencing the Health Odyssey: A Journey through Cancer Care exhibit.
- Physician and clinician seminars
- Screening Mammograms* – Pre-registration required. A special gift will be given to the first 12 women who pre-register. *some restrictions apply
- Free screenings include:
- Oral, Head and Neck Cancer Screenings by Otolaryngologist, John Gilbert, D.O.
- Skin Cancer Screenings by DermaCenter PC
- Blood Pressure and Body Fat Screenings
- Accountable Care Act Resource Corner
- Chair Massages
- Exercise demos
- Hors d’ouevres
- And much, much more
Gift bag given to the first 100 attendees.
Pre-registration is required for ONLY the mammograms. To register, please call Integrated Patient Scheduling at 574-523-3444. For event information please visit www.egh.org or call 574-523-3303. This event is free and open to the public.
For more information contact:
Media and Special Events Coordinator
Elkhart General Hospital
Beacon Health System