Wednesday, November 27, 2013
Elkhart General Hospital Emergency Medical Services to Hold Babysitting Class
Goshen, Ind. – Elkhart General Hospital Emergency Medical Services is holding a Super Sitter Babysitting Class from 9 a.m. – 3 p.m. on Saturday, November 30, 2013 at the Elkhart General Health Education Center located at 2222 Reith Blvd, Goshen.
Designed for children ages 11 and up, this interactive class focuses on a variety of babysitting issues, from child safety to performing first aid. Through group activities and discussions, participants will learn the skills necessary to become a competent, prepared and entertaining babysitter.
Students will be instructed on:
• How to react in emergency situations
• Child Safety
• Infant, toddler and child care tips
• What to do in case of a fire
• Water Safety
• Basic First Aid Techniques
• Caring for a baby: feeding, changing, sleeping
• Age-specific activities and games
• Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
The enrollment fee is $40 and includes snacks, lunch, a babysitter’s kit and pediatric CPR instruction. Registration is required by Friday, November 8, 2013. To register, call 574-875-6430 or visit www.egh.org.