Oncology Care Coordinators
Our Cancer Team members include Outpatient and Inpatient Oncology Care Coordinators. Their primary role is to be a support person and resource to you and your family. They work in partnership with you, your family and your physician to prevent fragmentation of care and services. They can help you cope with the complex emotional, financial and practical problems that can occur.
The Oncology Care Coordinators provide…RESOURCES…
- Referrals to the EGH Cancer Resource Team and to available clinical trials
- Educational resources to encourage your participation in the treatment decision-making process
- Support person and advocate for you and your family
- Ongoing communication and contact with you, your family and members of your Oncology Healthcare Team
- Understanding and reassurance
- Referrals to financial, legal and counseling services and to spiritual and religious counselors and groups
- Support Groups to help you and your family
Our mission is to provide a fully comprehensive cancer program that offers state-of-the-art medical, radiological and surgical treatment as well as pain management, nutritional, psychological and spiritual support. This is provided in a caring, compassionate environment that allows patients and their families to live positively and productively with cancer. The program respects the cultural diversities of patients and their families, as well as their individual desires and approaches to any and all aspects of their care.
For more information
Receiving a cancer diagnosis is never easy. That’s why we have established this free service to help you and your family during this difficult time. For more information, please call 574-523-7982 (Monday-Friday). If no answer, please leave a voice mail message.