Business Health Services
These days most of us have a hard time keeping up with the daily demands of work and family life. Your employees are no exception. Even though they know they should lose weight, or get a checkup, or quit smoking, or exercise regularly, most don't. So unhealthy behaviors continue. And sooner or later, a serious medical problem develops. When it does, the employee's quality of life deteriorates, health care costs go up, and productivity suffers. It's a lose-lose scenario.
Did You Know?
- Obesity has increased 61% in 10 years
- Obesity increases the risk for diabetes, high blood pressure and heart disease
- Diabetes increased 49% between 1990 and 2000
- 60% of Americans do not get enough physical activity to positively increase health status
- 70% of the causes of disease and death are related to modifiable lifestyle behaviors
- Smoking is the largest controllable underlying cause of death in the United States
Important Facts to Consider
- Half of the cost of a medical episode is related to lost productivity
- 39% is from direct cost of medical claims
- 11% is tied to sick pay or short-term disability
- Eighty cents of every health care dollar is spent providing care to the sickest 20% of patients
Steering employees to the right care at the right time saves money, minimizes the crisis episodes that result in hospital stays, and improves your employees' quality of life.
Business Health Services Can Help
Elkhart General Business Health Services offers employers an opportunity to make a real impact toward improving employee health. By tapping into the collective resources of Elkhart General Hospital, we provide employers with a wide variety of on-site services that can be customized to meet the special needs of your business.
Our goal: to help your employees take greater personal responsibility for their own health, improve the overall health of your employee group, and reduce your health care costs.
Through health screenings and educational seminars, we can improve the health of your employee group, resulting in a number of important benefits to you and to your employees.
- Reduced insurance costs
- Improved productivity
- Identification of risk factors
- Development and implementation of programs to manage and resolve those risks
What Sets us Apart
- We come to you. Elkhart General health care professionals conduct on-site screenings and education programs.
- We can provide services at a central site or at numerous locations.
- Programs are customized for each client.
- We offer a full range of services - screenings; worksite health fairs; group or individual health education and promotion - each tailored to your specific needs.
- Programs are mutually beneficial. We help you reduce your health care costs, and we improve community health - an important component of the EGH Mission.
- We're not in the "quick fix" business. We strive to develop long-term programs for screening, testing, education, intervention, awareness, and follow-up for at-risk employees. Example: Three, six and 12-month phone follow-up with employees with abnormal screening results.
Business Health Services are provided on-site by Elkhart General Registered Nurses, Dietitians, Certified Diabetes Educators, Behavioral Medicine Specialists, Cardiac Rehabilitation Specialists, Women's Health Specialists, and other health care professionals.
Personal Wellness Profiles
Based upon a variety of screenings and a comprehensive wellness assessment questionnaire, an individualized composite picture of each participant's health status is developed.
Following are some of the health screenings we offer:
- Lipid Panel
- Total Cholesterol
- Body Fat Measurement
- Blood Pressure
Following are some educational seminars offerings:
- Women & Depression
- Weight Management Programs
- Supermarket Survival
- Nutrition and Cancer Prevention
- Lipids & Healthy Heart Nutrition
- Diabetes Detection
- Stress Management
- Smoking Cessation
- Hypertension & Stroke
Call Community Outreach at (574) 524-7503 to discuss how our services can meet your employees' health needs.